Friday, August 17, 2007

Whats the deal?

Okay, so I am new to this whole world of blogging and I am currently seeking help for my new obsession :) It's almost 12a.m. I just got home from work and I couldn't wait to check my blog and tell everyone what I think. I am very tired, but couldn't resist the urge to do this. Well what's new in my life? My daughter started 2nd grade yesterday and I had to work:( I have only been back to work for a week now and already I feel like I am missing out on everything! I enjoy the working for the simple fact that I am around other "adults"(although sometimes I wonder about whether or not I should consider them this way) and getting to laugh, and of course the whole reason is to bring home a paycheck. However, my children are my passion!!! I miss my family greatly when I am at work and I am finding myself to be getting jealous of my husband, because he is the one now tucking them into bed and making dinner,and so on. I hate to sound like a traditionalist here, but I guess I am one. I feel like as much as there are days when I don't "feel like"cooking dinner or bathing the kids, ect..it's my job. I miss it. I love my husband and I am sooooo lucky to have him! He hates the fact that I am working too, but is appriciative that I am willing. Man, I am so torn. I want to be home, but we need the income. Then when I am home I want an outlet. Is there anyone out there who can relate? It seems like the people I work with are just not in this particular mindset, so they all probably think I am being a big baby! Anyways, lately I have been feeling a little emotional. My mother and I had it out so to speak this morning, but it ended up being a good thing and we talked and then cried. Thank you for your prayers. I am always willing to admit when they are needed and I am in need! Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. Sharon

1 comment:

Alana said...

The blogging thing has definitely been a blessing to me. At first I was a little obsessive (okay, a lot), but now it is starting to even out. I've found it to be a healthy outlet where I can "pen" my thoughts. I also find myself thinking of things in a more humorous light because I think about how a situation would appear to someone else. It has changed my perspective on some things.

I have had the work/home struggle with my Kindermusik business before. I understand that feeling of wanting to be home but needing the extra money.